Thursday, November 22, 2007

New York City Trip #1





The first time I was in New York City was Thanksgiving 1996. I went with my cousin for a few days. She always wanted to watch the Macy's parade and I just wanted to visit the Big Apple.

We managed to see all we could in the 3 days there; The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, the parade(check out the picture of Deidre Hall in the parade), and even saw the World Trade Center before the attacks. I did not have the chance to see them again. I even remember going to the Statue of Liberty without airport type security before boarding the ferry.

I will post more stories and pictures of New York when I come to it again later.

Here are a few pictures.

1 comment:

Trotter said...

Hi Ron! I'm missing NYC! My daughter is just strolling around town now... Lovely to remember old trips...

Blogtrotter Two is in the Valley of Kings waiting for you!! No photos allowed inside the tombs, sorry… Enjoy and have a great week!