Saturday, July 18, 2009

London, The Original


My 17th Hard Rock Cafe was where it all started. Most people go to London to see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, or Westminster Abbey. Not me, I went there to visit the original Hard Rock Cafe. It all started here on June 14, 1971. I visited here in March 2003. The exact day was March 20, 2003, the day the war in Iraq began. It so happened there was a huge anit-war demonstration happening in Hyde Park the weekend we were there.

This was my first time in Europe and I took in all that could be done in 4 days. The major highlights on this trip was seeing Stonehenge. Those rocks were awesome. Then we went to Bath to see the Roman Baths that Julius Caesar once used. The other notables were the London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, riding a double decker bus, the Tower of London, and those cool phone booths.

1 comment:

GMG said...

On this one I've been several times, in particular when I stayed at the Park Lane Hotel just close by or somewhere in Mayfair... Great shot!