Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Baseball Game



The first time I ever left the Johnstown area was to Pittsburgh for my first Pirates game. According to the back of the pictures, it was July 6, 1980. That would make me 7 years old.

I can actually remember a lot from that day. The game went 20 innings, the Pirates played the Chicago Cubs, Omar Moreno had the game winning hit, I saw my hero at the time, Willie Stargell play, our seats were in left-center field, and Bert Blyleven started the game for the Pirates. I remember thinking that Three Rivers Stadium was enormous, but what 7 year old wouldn't?

Now, 27 years later, I am not even much of a Pirates fan. But a first baseball game is very special to a kid and I have never forgotten it.

By the way, it's not appropriate to laugh at a 7 year old's pictures......

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Very attractive photo... hehehe... I deleted my travel one... I never had the time to keep on updating it... to much time on my hands I think...lol