Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hard Rock Cafe Berlin


The 25th Hard Rock Cafe visit for me was in Berlin, Germany during our 2 week European vacation in June 2005. This was my second Hard Rock on this vacation and first in Germany. Def Leppard had one of their guitars above the bar in here.

This is my favorite German city so there are many highlights. My favorite site was the Berlin Wall. There was still a piece of it standing. The other sites were Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Berlin Dom, and the Alex Tower to name just a few. I thought East Berlin was much nicer than West Berlin.

The other interesting highlights prior to Berlin were the overnight stop in Malmo, Sweden, taking a cruise on the Baltic Sea, and exploring the East German town of Sassnitz. I also visited my first castle, Sanssouci in Potsdam, Germany. This was the residence of Frederick.

Germany is my favorite country that I have visited and I will be back there someday. I have only been to this cafe one time.

1 comment:

GMG said...

Berlin is getting in the mood; Paris and London take care... ;))