Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hard Rock Cafe Detroit


The 31st Hard Rock Cafe that I visited was in the lovely city of Detroit. This was the last leg of our Mid Western trip in July 2005. This trip completed 4 new Hard Rock Cafes and 4 new states.

Sometimes I feel like I should bend over and kick myself right in the ass for going to Detroit. This is the armpit of the United States as far as I'm concerned. I never saw such a scary city or a dirty city before. Due to some bad directions from the Hard Rock's website, we got lost coming to this cafe and ended up in God knows where. Then, their highway department decides they don't need street signs above so I ended up driving up the wrong way of a One-Way street in Downtown Detroit. I finally managed to drive right past the Hard Rock 3 times while I was lost but had no clue how to get to it.

If there is a good thing about being lost, it was driving right past Ford Field. Why is that important you may ask? The Steelers won the Super Bowl in that stadium and I feel my being lost in that lovely city made me drive right past the field to bring the team good luck.

After we finally found the vicinity of the Hard Rock and park the car, we had to walk a few blocks to get to it. I am thankful we made it to and from in one piece, by walking in downtown, you would clearly understand. Then leaving this city was just as difficult. There were not any signs leading me in the direction of I-75 South.

I don't know why there is a Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit, but Seattle, a city that brought on the grunge music is without one.

The only good thing that came out of Detroit is Jerome Bettis.




I will say the Cafe inside was very nice. It had it's own uniqueness that made it stand out. Sadly, I have not had the opportunity to visit Detroit or the Hard Rock since.

1 comment:

GMG said...

Detroit sems to be in bad shape now... Hope it recovers!!